Hooping Idol 7 Contestants: Let’s Meet Them!
Welcome to Hooping Idol 7, Hooping.org’s award-winning contest leading us all on an ever spinning quest to find the planet’s next big hooper star! Before we introduce our contestants for Season 7, we first want to send out the most heartfelt thank you to everyone who submitted Casting Call auditions. You made our decision making process very difficult and if you didn’t make the cut this year, please don’t let that be a reflection on your skills or how much we care about you. We are celebrating each and every single one of you with all of our hearts. For reals! That being said, we had so many hoopers audition and we only had 21 spots to fill again this year. So thank you again for taking time out of your busy lives to throw your hoop into the ring this year. We love you and we truly wish we had room to bring everyone along for the ride.
For Hooping Idol 7’s Casting Call you were asked you to create an audition video not to exceed 3 minutes in length where you told us about yourself, gave us a bit of a tour of your hooping life, and showcased some of your hooping talents. We reminded you how important it would be to follow directions, directed you to soak up our 10 Easy Ways to Improve Your Hooping Video tips like a sponge, and all of that has brought us all to this magic moment. It’s time for the big official kickoff of Hooping Idol 7! We’re so excited!!! So now, without any further ado, we proudly present your Hooping Idol 7 Contestants!
Hooping Idol 7 Contestants: The 21 Contenders
Hooping.org congratulates all of our Hooping Idol contestants for Season 7 AND we would like to once again give the utmost applause and love and appreciation to everyone who auditioned this year. If you didn’t make the cut this round we sincerely hope you will seriously consider auditioning again next year. Some of our contestants this year have auditioned previously and we hope you will too.
Hooping Idol 7 Contestants: The Competition Begins
So what’s the first assignment on the agenda for our Hooping Idol 7 Contestants? The first thing you will need to do is truly study and absorb our Ten Easy Ways to Improve Your Hooping Video again. Why? Because 6 contestants will be going home as a result of our first elimination next week, and with this much talent in the mix, you’re going to want to have all of the details just right.
Now is the time to tackle any technical questions you may have been having with your friends, family or community too. Do it sooner, rather than later. From here on shaky camera work needs to be a thing of your past. Get a tripod or bring a chair or something sturdy to put your camera on. Do not rely on a friend to have steady hands unless they’ve previously proven that they have steady hands. Others have gone home every season because of this very simple mistake.
Any video shooting that isn’t being done in horizontal (landscape) mode has got to go. That means no more portrait or square cropping, got it? Good. These and other common mistakes are often the very thing that tips the scales to send someone on their way so again – ask for help! You’re all in for a ride and trust us – it’s going to get nuts. You don’t have to do it alone. You don’t want to do it alone. People will support you, but you’re going to have to ask.
All 21 contestants for Season 7 are now being ushered over into our secret Hooping Idol 7 Contestants Lounge group on Facebook too. It is there that you will find a host of new friends, community and a whole lotta hoop love and support from your fellow Hooping Idol 7 Contestants. Seriously, Hooping Idol is all about the hoop love too. Previous Idol competitors will tell you the group of fellow hoopers coming along with you on this pressure cooker hooping ride that you’re about to meet is one of the greatest things about being a part of this competition.
You’ll also be receiving a plethora of tips, support and advice from your mentor Philo Hagen, Hooping.org’s Co-Founder and Managing Editor. Think of him as the Tim Gunn of Hooping Idol. He’s hosted all six seasons, has been a judge for two and has two Hoopie Awards of his own in the bank including Hooping Video of the Year – so he knows what he’s talking about. He’s really here to help you grow and spin your way to the big finale together, whether you’re still in the competition until the end or not.
Hooping Idol 7 Contestants: Your Week One Assignment
The kickoff theme every year is always about showcasing what you can do while really bringing some personality and fun to the experience. It’s really all about getting us excited about you being here this season, enough so that we want you to be here next week too. And for the start of Hooping Idol 7 we’re spinning things back to The 1970’s. For this challenge you will need to:
1) Choose any song from the 1970’s for your soundtrack. Shorter songs work better – and no profanity, please. Remember, don’t choose a song that will get your video soundtrack stripped on YouTube or banned from being viewed. Need some inspiration? Maybe one of these greatest hits of the 1970’s will be right for you.
2) Claim your soundtrack choice via email to email@example.com. If the song you’ve selected has already been claimed by another hooper, you will be notified to choose another song. Once you’ve claimed a song for 1970’s Week and received confirmation that it is yours, you’re good to go.
3) Create a 1970’s Week Hooping Idol video that really shows us what you’re capable of with your hooping and something that makes you stand out from the rest of the competition. Remember, be creative! Have some fun! Get us to feel something! You might want to weave a story into it or take us on a journey. It’s really all up to you. Just remember that you’re going to want to set yourself apart from the crowd and stand out from all the other Hooping Idol 6 Contestants – preferably in a way that is still uniquely you.
4) Post your video to both YouTube and Vimeo no later than Sunday, April 16th, at 11:59pm PST. Yes, that is Easter Sunday so if you’re doing something for Easter don’t wait until the final day to get it done. Title your video “Hooping Idol 7 1970’s Week and remember that videos take time to upload. Allow time for that to happen and don’t be late.
5) Copy the urls for both your YouTube and Vimeo links and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s it. Have fun. We all can’t wait to see what you come up with.