Hooping Idol 6 Contestants: Let’s Meet Them!
Welcome to Hooping Idol 6, Hooping.org’s award-winning contest leading us all on an ever spinning journey in our quest to find the planet’s next big hooper star! Before we introduce our contestants for Season 6, we first want to send out the most heartfelt thank you to everyone who submitted Casting Week auditions. You made our decision making process very difficult and if you didn’t make the cut this year, please don’t let that be a reflection on your skills or how much we care about you. We are celebrating each and every single one of you with all of our hearts. For reals! That being said, we had 57 hoopers audition this year and we only have 21 spots for season 6. So thank you to everyone who took time out of their busy lives to throw their hoop into the ring this year. We love you and we truly wish we had room to bring everyone along for the ride.
For Hooping Idol 6’s Casting Week you were asked you to create an audition video not to exceed 3 minutes in length where you told us about yourself, gave us a bit of a tour of your hooping life, and showcased some of your hooping talents. We reminded you how important it would be to follow directions, directed you to 10 Easy Ways to Improve Your Hooping Video, and all of this has brought us to this magical moment. It’s time for the big kickoff of Hooping Idol 6. Are you excited? We certainly are. So now, without any further ado, we proudly present your Hooping Idol 6 Contestants!
Hooping.org congratulates all of our Hooping Idol contestants for Season 6AND we would like to once again give the utmost applause and love and appreciation to everyone who auditioned this year. If you didn’t make the cut this round we sincerely hope you will seriously consider auditioning again next year. Some of our contestants this year have auditioned previously and we hope you will too.
What’s the first assignment on the agenda for our 21 Hooping Idol 6 Contestants? The first thing you will need to do is truly study and absorb our Ten Easy Ways to Improve Your Hooping Video. Why? Because six contestants will be going home as a result of our first elimination next week, and with this much talent in the mix, you’re going to want to get all the details right.
Now is the time to tackle any technical questions you may have been having with your friends, family or community. Do it sooner rather than later. From here on shaky camera work needs to be a thing of your past. Get a tripod or bring a chair or something sturdy. Do not rely on your friend to have steady hands unless they’ve previously proven to have them. Any video shooting that isn’t horizontal (landscape) has got to go. No more portrait or square crops, got it? Good. These and other common mistakes could easily be the very thing that tips the scales to send you on your way. And aain, ask for help! You’re all in for a ride and trust us – it’s going to get nuts. You don’t have to do it alone, you don’t want to do it alone. People will support you, but you gotta ask.
All contestants for Season 6 will now be ushered over into our secret Hooping Idol 6 Contestants group on Facebook. It is there that you will find a host of new friends, community and a whole lotta hoop love and support from your fellow Hooping Idol 6 Contestants. Seriously, Hooping Idol is all about the hoop love. Previous Idol competitors will tell you this group of fellow hoopers coming along with you on this pressure cooker hooping ride is one of the greatest things about being a part of the competition. It is there you’ll also be receiving a plethora of tips, support and advice from your mentor for the competition – Hooping.org’s Co-Founder and Managing Editor Philo Hagen. Think of him as the Tim Gunn of Hooping Idol. He’s really here to help you grow and spin your way to your big finale, whether you’re in the competition until the very end or not.
The kickoff theme every year is always about showcasing what you can do while really bringing some personality and fun to the experience. It’s really all about getting us excited about you being here this season. And for the start of Hooping Idol 6 we’re spinning things back to The SIXties. Get ready to time travel back to the 1960’s! For this challenge you will need to:
1) Choose any song from the 1960’s for your soundtrack. Shorter songs work better – and no profanity, please. Remember, don’t choose a song that will get your video soundtrack stripped on YouTube or banned from being viewed.
2) Claim your soundtrack choice via email to email@example.com. If the song you’ve selected has already been claimed by another hooper, you will be notified to choose another song. Once you’ve claimed a song for Sixties Week and received confirmation that it is yours, you’re good to go.
3) Create a Sixties Week Hooping Idol video that really shows us what you’re capable of with your hooping and what makes you stand out from the rest of the competition. Remember, be creative! Have some fun! Get us to feel something! You might want to weave in a story or take us on a journey. It’s really all up to you, just remember that you’re going to want to set yourself apart from the crowd and stand out in a sea of 21 other Hooping Idol 6 Contestants – preferably in a way that is still uniquely you.
4) Post your video on YouTube and Vimeo no later than Sunday, May 1st, at 11:59pm PST. Title your video Hooping Idol 6 Sixties Week. Remember videos take time to upload. Allow time for that and don’t be late.
5) Copy the urls for your YouTube and Vimeo video links and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s it. Have fun. The hooping world can’t wait to see what you come up with.