Hooping.org proudly presents our seventh annual Hoopie Awards honoring greatness in our hooping community. Preliminary nominations may now be submitted and there are changes to our process this year so please read all of this carefully. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, January 10th, at 11:59 pm PST. Please do not make appeals to get people to nominate you or others you know and love. We are no longer tracking the number of preliminary nominations. Only one is necessary for consideration in a category and more than that offers zero advantage and only clutters our inbox and slows down the process. You are also welcome to nominate yourself so please, no campaigning.
Previous award winners are not eligible to win within the same category twice, but feel free to nominate them for other categories if you like. Remember, all it takes is one one (1) preliminary nomination email with no more than one (1) nominee in each of our award categories for your submission to be considered. Previous Award Winners.
Preliminary Nomination Screening: Once all of the preliminary nominations have been received, hooping.org staff will ever so lightly be screening award categories with time consuming content (photos, videos, tutorials…) for one purpose only, to decide if they warrant further consideration by our 2014 finalist review panel or not. This is a new step in the awards process added and designed only to make it easier on our finalist review panel. If you served on the panel last year, you know how overwhelming it was and we promise it will never be that overwhelming again. If you’ve seen the mountain submissions that come in each year, you’d fully understand our need for this new step in streamlining the awards process.
Finalist Review Panel: The finalist review panel consists of 50 randomly selected hoopers who have submitted a preliminary nomination email. If you would like to serve on the 2014 Hoopie Awards Finalist Review Panel and cast your votes for who should receive final nominations this year, you need to submit a preliminary nomination email for consideration. Please do not contact anyone on the hooping.org staff regarding your interest in being on the panel. Please do not contact anyone with requests to serve on the panel without submitting a preliminary nomination email. This is how it works and there will be no exceptions in the interest of fairness. Hooping.org staff will literally be writing down the names of those who have made themselves available to serve on the panel this year and this weekend we will be drawing 50 out of a hat.
If you are randomly selected to be on the Finalist Review Panel you will receive a notification email on Saturday, January 11th, followed by the pre-screened preliminary submissions for your voting consideration as soon as we have it compiled. Panelists have the honor and privilege of making fair and impartial selections regarding who should receive the final Hoopie Award nominations this year. If you don’t make yourself available to serve on the panel, you have no business complaining about the results. If you do make yourself available to serve on the panel 1) in doing so you are agreeing to maintain complete confidentiality that you are on the panel until after the final nominees are announced, 2) you will need a good amount of free time next week to review the pre-screened submissions and make your fair and well informed voting decisions.
To serve on the awards panel simply state “YES I’m available to serve on the panel” at the end of your preliminary nominations email. If you do not receive an email this Saturday that you were randomly selected, then you were not randomly selected to be on the panel this year, but thank you so much for making yourself available to be of service.
Preliminary Nomination Submissions: You may now cast your preliminary nomination submissions in the following award categories for the 2014 Hoopie Awards by sending an email to Hoopies2014@gmail.com. You do not need to make a nomination in every category. Some categories require additional and specific information in order to be considered. You have until Friday night to make your submission so if you don’t know, you have time to find out.
1. Photo of the Year: You must include a link to the nominated photo for consideration.
2. Solo Video of the Year: You must include a link to the nominated video for consideration. Solo video nominees can only have only one person hooping in them.
3. Group Video of the Year: You must include a link to the nominated video for consideration. Group videos must include two or more people hooping.
4. Tutorial of the Year: You must include a link to the nominated tutorial for consideration.
5. Hooping Soundtrack of the Year: Must have a 2013 release date for consideration. Please include artist and title.
6. Event of the Year Promoting Hooping to a Larger Audience: What carried the hooping message to others best in 2013? Note: Hoop gatherings and retreats are not eligible in this category.
7. Hooping Event of the Year: Hoop gatherings, retreats and events are eligible in this category.
8. Local Hoop Community of the Year: Which local hooping community shined the brightest this year?
9. Newbie Hooper of the Year: Must have started hooping in 2013 with no prior hooping experience, even a little. No exceptions. Nomination must include a link to an online video along with the date of their hoopiversary. Nominations with a video and hooping start date will be ignored.
10. Youth Hooper of the Year. Nominees in this cateogry must be under 18 years of age.
11. Performing Group of the Year: Nominees must have two or more members for consideration.
12. Hoop Instructor of the Year:
13: Fire Hooper of the Year:
14. Male Hooper of the Year:
15. Female Hooper of the Year:
16: Hooper Hall of Fame Award: Nominees in this category must have a minimum of eight years of hooping experience for consideration.
FINALIST PANEL: Are you available to serve on the final nominations review panel as specified above? Write “YES I am available to serve on the panel” or “NO I’m not available” here:
Email your preliminary nomination submission to email@example.com
Our finalists in the seventh annual Hoopie Awards will be announced on Monday, January 20th and community-wide voting will begin. Good luck to one and all.