Tuna Fish Ad Claims We Agree

tuna fish ad with betherann

Betherann (pictured), aka Beth Morey of KitchenCourage.com, discovered something while reading the latest issue of Fitness Magazine. Apparently we’ve reached an agreement about tuna fish, although we certainly didn’t hear anything about anyone being polled. Did you? Beth lives in Missoula, Montana, USA.

Comments

comments

1. DaisyD says:

Favourite hooping.org posting EVER!

2. Just CAN’T get over this!

3. That’s hilarious!

4. Kelly Jewell Timco says:

Funny thing – I never ate tuna til 2 years into my hooping career.

5. Lorene says:

The likely problem here is that the tuna fish people don’t KNOW that there are professional hoopers!

6. I definitely think pro hoopers should contact the company and be like, “Hey, which hoopers did you contact? Just wondering?” Personally I don’t eat seafood at all. :)

7. LOL~yes, I want the company to take some responsibility on this one! WHO did they poll????

8. Gavin Gibbons is the Media Inquiries contact for the National Fisheries Institute, the folks behind the campaign. If anyone really does want to contact them, here’s his email address: ggibbons@nfi.org

Personally, I want to know why they used the hoopers ad only in print. I think it would be interesting to see them try to fit a bunch of hoopdancers in motion into Joy’s kitchen. ;)

9. Dwiizie says:

Hehehehe this is awesome. I personally endorse tuna lol!

10. Calliope says:

I am a vegetarian so I do not eat tuna, but if I wasn’t I would STILL not eat tuna because I think it is utterly disgusting. If you’re going to eat flesh, at least eat something tasty!
    lol but we should really ask which hoopers they polled

11. Rachel says:

I love eating that fish! Just have been advised in my nutrition class not to eat more than 5oz a week, otherwise it could be toxic.

12. Orbital D says:

Problem is that many species of fish are threatened and the Blue Fin Tuna are exceptionally vulnerable.

Get a smart phone pocket guide and see what to eat in your area.

From World Wildlife Federation: “Tuna is perhaps the most high profile victim of unregulated and uncontrolled overfishing. Bluefin tuna populations have declined alarmingly over the past few decades. The decline has largely been driven by Japanese demand for sushi and sashimi.

There are 2 populations of Atlantic bluefin tuna. The smaller western stock has declined by nearly 90% since the 1970s and is classified as critically endangered. The larger eastern stock, which spawns in the Mediterranean Sea, is currently classified as endangered but in fact is in danger of complete commercial and biological extinction. Both populations are classified as overfished, but overfishing continues.

There are now concerns about the future viability of other tuna species including western and central Pacific bigeye and yellowfin tuna.”

Eat a plant, save the fish.

D