Hula-Hoop World Records

While the majority of the Guiness world records for hooping are pretty much based on the small Wham-O Hula Hoop standard, the Hula Hoop World Records are still very impressive. Tonya Lyn Mistal hooped for a record breaking 88 hours without a break and without it going above her shoulders or below her knees. That’s a little over three and a half days. Check out the rest including the most hoops at once, the largest hoop (yeah!), running 100 meters while spinning a hoop and more.
UPDATE: To learn more about hula hoop records, CLICK HERE!

Comments

comments

379 comments for “Hula-Hoop World Records

1. August 12, 2003 at 1:32 pm

i don’t understand how you can spin 95 hoops at once?!?
    i think i can beat that 10 hour record from 1976.

2. terriberrie
    August 20, 2003 at 5:59 pm

what is the longest time of hola hooping for a Kid under the age of 15

3. Andy
    September 9, 2003 at 6:29 pm

I just turned 15 yesterday and the day before that, when i was 14, i hula hooped for 12min 11 seconds and then had to go in for dinner, not sure if that is anywhere near the record for under 15 but thats my personal best (the 2nd time i’ve ever timed myself)

• Elise
      September 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Ha! I’m 12 and i just hula hooped for 24.41.99 minutes!!! I would’ve gone longer but I stopped myself cuz i really needed a drink of water.

4. Chrissy
    September 15, 2003 at 6:30 am

I am nine years old and last night I hula hooped for 45 minutes . I could of went longer but I had to go to the bathroom. When I was eight I had a record of 30 minutes.

5. dan
    September 21, 2003 at 4:36 pm

You can see a video of 83 at a time by going to
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com >
    Find a World Record “hula hoop” >
    Click on MOST HULA-HOOPS HOOPED >
    Click on PLAY VIDEO

6. Stacy
    September 23, 2003 at 5:01 pm

what is the longest hula hooping time for a 16 year old?…i am really determined to try to break the record next summer!…i am a very good hooper and think i have the capability to do it…i just have to stick my mind to it…all i have to do is plan the time and date and get cameras to watch me hoop (so you know i dont cheat) i would really like support in breaking this record so if anyone has feed back please post it! ROCK ON to all the punk rawking hula hoopers out there! Peace…i’m out…Stacy

• June 28, 2011 at 7:22 am

im way better than any of you and im 9

• Vanessa
        November 8, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Shureeeee you are.

7. Netal again
    October 11, 2003 at 10:53 am

yeah, me again…I decided I should start by breaking the shortest of the top 5 records (25 hours)…I’m 16 and working on it…how can I get a judge to come watch??

8. sze
    November 5, 2006 at 4:49 pm

hello, i m curious about this fun sport where my niece and nephew enjoyed well , thought of giving it a try!…
    here is certain doubt about this hula-hoop…
    kindly advise : do the weight or the diameter of the hoop differ from kid to adult in order to successfully doing the hula???how about some proper steps to adopt during the process??
    looking forward for some valuable reply!
    BR/sze

9. monkey
    November 15, 2006 at 5:04 pm

what is the hulla hoopind record

10. kristin
    March 5, 2007 at 7:29 pm

what is the world record for hula hooping for 12 year olds?
    bc i was gonna try to beat it bc im really good!! i can do it forever

11. Andy Shepard
    March 17, 2007 at 9:38 pm

My daughter is 10 and just hooped for 2 hrs for a “fun-a-thon”. She wanted to know if there was a 10 year old or “kid under 12 or 15″ record…any ideas?
    Thanks

12. chelsea
    March 23, 2007 at 12:48 pm

Heyy im 13 and i am going for the record of 90 hours i can go for like 7 hours now but im gonna go for the world record:D

13. jerry
    March 30, 2007 at 6:05 pm

my daughter is 4 and can hula hoop for 15 minutes and ????? . is that a record. if not what is the youngest age to hula hoop .

14. Kaitlyn
    April 14, 2007 at 6:01 pm

What is the world record for a ten year old?

15. April 26, 2007 at 7:28 pm

I`m 12 years old and i can hula-hoop 10 hoops at a time for about 15 seconds…. is that a record?????

16. May 15, 2007 at 3:18 pm

i am 10 years old and i hula hooped for 41 minutes and 32 seconds then i got kinda itchy im tried to help my self but couldnt!

17. bob
    May 17, 2007 at 3:42 pm

How in the world can someone hula hoop for 88 hours somebody explain that!

18. Sammi Davis
    May 21, 2007 at 2:36 pm

i did not go for a time but an amount i counted how many times it went around my knees without falling i reached my goal of 1000 times and then fell over from the speed i was going at i was very proud that i reached 1000 i still continued after wards but was still to tired to try the 1000 again. :)

19. bob
    June 16, 2007 at 6:04 pm

Hey im 14, anybody know what a record for that age group is? if not im going to try for the 90

20. Meg
    June 21, 2007 at 6:14 pm

my daughter (age 7) just hula hooped at her school for 1 hour and 11 minutes straight for the school record…we are all so proud of her and she has her sights set on beating that… maybe even the 88 hours?

21. Anonumous
    June 25, 2007 at 12:22 pm

How did she use the bath room

22. mandy hill
    July 6, 2007 at 11:08 am

my daughter is 5 and half she can hulahoop 300 times does anyone know if this is a record and how i can find out. thanks
    shes a great little wiggler

23. Rayne
    July 8, 2007 at 11:39 am

I am 12 years old and I have always loved hula hooping. So one day, I got my hoola hoop, looked at my digital clock, waited it to go to 2:04, and started hoola hooping. I was doing great until my stomach was getting sore and started getting tired and the hoola hoop slipped. It was 2:28. I did it for 32 minutes!But I could have done more…

24. Taylor
    July 11, 2007 at 8:04 am

What is the record for how many times a 9 year old can Hula hoop around the hips?

25. Kelsey
    August 6, 2007 at 7:08 pm

my hula hoop record was 947. then my “friend” decided to bump into the hoop on purpose.
    i was SO close…
    im gonna see how long i can go!