Hula-Hoop World Records

While the majority of the Guiness world records for hooping are pretty much based on the small Wham-O Hula Hoop standard, the Hula Hoop World Records are still very impressive. Tonya Lyn Mistal hooped for a record breaking 88 hours without a break and without it going above her shoulders or below her knees. That’s a little over three and a half days. Check out the rest including the most hoops at once, the largest hoop (yeah!), running 100 meters while spinning a hoop and more.
UPDATE: To learn more about hula hoop records, CLICK HERE!

Comments

comments

1. leblanc says:

i don’t understand how you can spin 95 hoops at once?!?
    i think i can beat that 10 hour record from 1976.

2. terriberrie says:

what is the longest time of hola hooping for a Kid under the age of 15

3. Andy says:

I just turned 15 yesterday and the day before that, when i was 14, i hula hooped for 12min 11 seconds and then had to go in for dinner, not sure if that is anywhere near the record for under 15 but thats my personal best (the 2nd time i’ve ever timed myself)

• Elise says:

Ha! I’m 12 and i just hula hooped for 24.41.99 minutes!!! I would’ve gone longer but I stopped myself cuz i really needed a drink of water.

4. Chrissy says:

I am nine years old and last night I hula hooped for 45 minutes . I could of went longer but I had to go to the bathroom. When I was eight I had a record of 30 minutes.

5. dan says:

You can see a video of 83 at a time by going to
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com >
    Find a World Record “hula hoop” >
    Click on MOST HULA-HOOPS HOOPED >
    Click on PLAY VIDEO

6. Stacy says:

what is the longest hula hooping time for a 16 year old?…i am really determined to try to break the record next summer!…i am a very good hooper and think i have the capability to do it…i just have to stick my mind to it…all i have to do is plan the time and date and get cameras to watch me hoop (so you know i dont cheat) i would really like support in breaking this record so if anyone has feed back please post it! ROCK ON to all the punk rawking hula hoopers out there! Peace…i’m out…Stacy

7. Netal again says:

yeah, me again…I decided I should start by breaking the shortest of the top 5 records (25 hours)…I’m 16 and working on it…how can I get a judge to come watch??

8. sze says:

hello, i m curious about this fun sport where my niece and nephew enjoyed well , thought of giving it a try!…
    here is certain doubt about this hula-hoop…
    kindly advise : do the weight or the diameter of the hoop differ from kid to adult in order to successfully doing the hula???how about some proper steps to adopt during the process??
    looking forward for some valuable reply!
    BR/sze

9. monkey says:

what is the hulla hoopind record

10. kristin says:

what is the world record for hula hooping for 12 year olds?
    bc i was gonna try to beat it bc im really good!! i can do it forever

11. Andy Shepard says:

My daughter is 10 and just hooped for 2 hrs for a “fun-a-thon”. She wanted to know if there was a 10 year old or “kid under 12 or 15″ record…any ideas?
    Thanks

12. chelsea says:

Heyy im 13 and i am going for the record of 90 hours i can go for like 7 hours now but im gonna go for the world record:D

13. jerry says:

my daughter is 4 and can hula hoop for 15 minutes and ????? . is that a record. if not what is the youngest age to hula hoop .

14. Kaitlyn says:

What is the world record for a ten year old?

15. Jade says:

I`m 12 years old and i can hula-hoop 10 hoops at a time for about 15 seconds…. is that a record?????

16. caroline says:

i am 10 years old and i hula hooped for 41 minutes and 32 seconds then i got kinda itchy im tried to help my self but couldnt!

17. bob says:

How in the world can someone hula hoop for 88 hours somebody explain that!

18. Sammi Davis says:

i did not go for a time but an amount i counted how many times it went around my knees without falling i reached my goal of 1000 times and then fell over from the speed i was going at i was very proud that i reached 1000 i still continued after wards but was still to tired to try the 1000 again. :)

19. bob says:

Hey im 14, anybody know what a record for that age group is? if not im going to try for the 90

20. Meg says:

my daughter (age 7) just hula hooped at her school for 1 hour and 11 minutes straight for the school record…we are all so proud of her and she has her sights set on beating that… maybe even the 88 hours?

21. Anonumous says:

How did she use the bath room

22. mandy hill says:

my daughter is 5 and half she can hulahoop 300 times does anyone know if this is a record and how i can find out. thanks
    shes a great little wiggler

23. Rayne says:

I am 12 years old and I have always loved hula hooping. So one day, I got my hoola hoop, looked at my digital clock, waited it to go to 2:04, and started hoola hooping. I was doing great until my stomach was getting sore and started getting tired and the hoola hoop slipped. It was 2:28. I did it for 32 minutes!But I could have done more…

24. Taylor says:

What is the record for how many times a 9 year old can Hula hoop around the hips?

25. Kelsey says:

my hula hoop record was 947. then my “friend” decided to bump into the hoop on purpose.
    i was SO close…
    im gonna see how long i can go!